HTC has launched its blockchain smartphone named Exodus 1 and eyes future technology as a strategy to focus on moving forward. The new phone will only be able to be purchased with Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and is slated to be around $950 as of now. The total is 0.15 BTC or 4.78 ETH. The phone will ship in December for those who purchase now.
Exodus 1 features:
* Display – 6.0” Quad HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio
* Camera – 12MP + 16MP main camera with high quality zoom
* Video – 4k/60fps 3D audio recording quality and Sonic Zoom with Audio Boost
* Audio – HTC BoomSound™ Hi-Fi edition
* Performance – Android O.
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845
6GB – DDR4x RAM
* Storage – 128GB – UFS2.1 Storage
* SIM card and Networking – Single Nano SIM – 4G LTE
* Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 processor
* Dust resistant and waterproof
* Zion Wallet
The greatest feature of the blockchain phone is the built in secure enclave Zion Wallet. The phone allows users to store their dreadful private key, make transactions and sign digital smart contracts on the blockchain. The private key is given to a few friends who will each hold a piece of the key. If the phone is ever lost, stolen or damaged those selected friends can be contacted to bring back your wallet.
This phone also provides a way to store your cryptocurrency without having a hardware wallet. There are 30 million individuals who have digital wallets. They could possibly love the idea of not having to keep up with private key and storing their cryptocurrency with an offline wallet. Time will tell how the market responds. This could be great timing before the larger manufacturers make a phone to compete with the Exodus.